Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Excellence of Love

 It's Characteristics                   

                                                                     
                                                                      First Corinthians 13   
                                    
                                
                                If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love,                                                                                                              
                                          I am become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
                                If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and knowledge;
                                and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but do not have love,
                                                                           I am nothing.                                                                                           

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous;love does not brag and is not arrogant,Does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take a record of a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;Bears all thing, believes all things, hopes all things,endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they      will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.                 


For we know in part and we prophesy in part;But when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child;when I became a man, I did away with childish things.For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I have also have been fully known.But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.


Source: New American Standard Bible
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment